Thursday, July 29, 2010

No Woman No Cry

For the 4,643rd time in my life, I just spilled milk on the counter. I did not cry, but I can totally see why someone might cry. If you were having a really bad morning and you just wanted some milky, delicious coffee and you spilled milk everywhere, that would be terrible. It goes mysterious places, it's hard to see on a white countertop, it's sticky and it smells bad when it dries. Like water on old carpet. When I have kids I will absolutely cry when they spill milk in the cracks of the couch cushions or on my laptop keyboard. But if they spill it in the RV I might actually smile instead of cry because that means we HAVE to get new carpet.

I know this is NOT how one should blog. You start a blog, you get excited, you make two posts, you don't post for over a week then you post about milk. This is not how it should be done, but this is how it IS done. By me. So. There.

Thank you notes should also not be sent on July 31, exactly 364 days after the wedding, but that is also how we do it. Just under the wire and with excellence.

"Who said being awesome is easy?"
Meliss proclaimed this last night after I woe-is-meed about the thank yous. Amen, BFF. This shall be our new motto. It fits nicely with Tammy's (and Victoria Beckham's) motto, "It's exhausting being fabulous."

3 comments:

  1. Another fave motto, by Olivia: "Every day is a fashion show." Which really seems like an extension of Mom's "clean underwear" advice: What if you get in an accident? Or what if you just get stopped on the street by Justin Timberlake or something, or someone swarthier and more attractive, or a man who is hairy like a wolf. You never want to be caught being anything less than glam. Which is why we shall be glamping in the RV and wine tasting this weekend! It's like Sideways with a motorhome. Minus Paul Giamatti being whiney plus Scrabble. There will be NO Merlot (Dad.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linds - I love love love Bob 'n' Frapples. What was the hair cut place again?

    I also LOVE the RV!! I can't wait to check it out.

    AND I LOVE my WIDGET!! YAY! BUY MY STUFF! I gots to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely used this post as an excuse to find a picture of kittens lapping milk.

    ReplyDelete